Monday, October 20, 2014

Eternal Destination

The same week as the electrocuted elderly woman, we showed the Hope film in a nearby village.  When the film was over and the invitation was given, there was a young teenage girl and her friend sitting beside me.  They were teasing each other about not being converted.  I immediately asked them if they were and both said not yet.  I began a conversation during the invitation and the one that was more open to the discussion told me she couldn't get converted because she didn't go to this church.  She went on to tell me her mother wasn't a Christian and if she became one she would be spanked (possibly beaten) for her decision.  I asked her if she would like me to walk with her to talk to the man leading the invitation and she said, not in front of all these people.  After some persuading she decided I could have my Haitian friend come back to the back and talk with her.

When the service was over, I had him come share with her.  Others gathered to listen as he spoke with these young people.  He was able to eventually lead 4 people to make decisions for Christ.  THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT.  Praise the Lord I have 3 new sisters in the faith and one brother.  All four were probably between the ages of 12-22.

My heart still breaks for the elderly woman, that was electrocuted, and didn't want to be converted, but I rejoice with these 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment