Monday, October 6, 2014

A Huge Week

Well,the week before last was a whirlwind but what an incredible week.  September 20th became a day I had prayed for since 2001.  Mom first came to Haiti in 2000 and then I came with her the following year.  For years we have been coming to Haiti and desired to have Jim, my step-father, join us.  It's difficult with his work and the timing of our trips, but this year, God provided a great opportunity.  It had been 9 months since I had seen him and to spend a week here in Haiti with Mom, Jim, and the rest of the WMBC team was such a joy.  It was a busy hot week filled with lots of things and a full schedule but I was so refreshed and blessed having them here.  We were able to show them a lot of Haiti being my family and having a small team.  Jim and Lisa preformed in church singing and playing guitar, the men worked on the tractor and in the shop building most of the week, we visited the village, Mom and the ladies had her annual boutique day, which is a time for our female employees to come and pick out many items they like, we had a reception for a young couple, team members were able to meet sponsored kids, and the team did a special night for all the missionary couples.  They were able to have a  relatively quiet dinner with their spouse and then the team showered them with special treats and gifts for each couple.  What a blessing!!!!









At the end of the week, I flew home to surprise my family for my younger sister's wedding.  My wonderful friend Brandy and her 3 boys picked me up in Nashville and drove me all the way to the church were my sister and the families were having the rehearsal dinner.  I think my siblings were excited, my niece and nephews were confused (because they thought I wasn't going to make it home until Christmas), and my Dad was trying to figure it all out.  Afterwards, I went home and surprised my step-mom and another nephew.  We continued surprising family and friends.  Seeing everyone's face was wonderful, and I even found time to watch the hometown football team defeat a big rival, that they had lost to 12 years in a row.  All of this was made possible because I had an airline voucher that had to be used within the year.  Praise God for his provisions!!!!
This is Dad and I nervous that Ashle is about to get married!!!






My sister's wedding was beautiful and I gained an incredible brother-in-law and new niece.  I am so proud of her because of the man she has chosen to marry and spend the rest of her life with.  I was also able to pay my Granny, some aunts, uncles, and cousins visits all before heading to Nashville to overnight with one of my college roommates, who generously took me to the airport at 4:15 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment