Monday, January 27, 2014

Reuniting with Donlove's Mom

It's been another week but last week, I started off the day (a Monday) with getting little sleep due to my own irresponsibility of searching the internet too late for non-important things.  Then I learned of a mistake (on my part) causing more work for someone else. For those of you that know my perfectionist/task oriented nature, you can imagine how frustrated I was with myself.

I get a call that Donlove's mom was here to see me. I had prayed for this reuniting and thought I would be so excited.  However, my emotions overcame me and I began to feel nauseated, nervous, and uneasy.  I don't know why this is so difficult for me.  It's been a year and a half since Donlove died.  For those of you that don't know/remember, Donlove was a 2.5 year old burn baby here last time I was in Haiti. God used him to speak to me in many ways.  I am pretty weak when it comes to medical things, but for some reason with him it wasn't so difficult.  We bonded and I wept for his family when he passed.  I knew how much he meant to me and could only imagine their heartbreak.

Today, his mother returned with a bag of things to thank me.  She had watermelons, plantains, mangoes, and grapefruits.  There were so many I had to have help carrying them.  We had enough plantains, watermelon, and mangoes to feed an entire team.  They made fresh juice with the grapefruits and we had plenty of extras.  She has another sick child and was wanting help for him.  Her husband wasn't well but she still took what she had to be a blessing to me.  It's just so humbling to see her heart and gratitude.  She also brought her mother to see me.  I gave her some pictures of Donlove and also a notebook that I had made with his hand in mine.  It seems so inadequate in comparison to the love she showed me.

It's really busy around here with teams but a lot is getting done.  We've been over to see the kindergarten kids 3 times, the morning school once, to an orphanage and another today.  I must go finish up some things and see what God has in store for this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment