Monday, January 20, 2014

Heaven is Real!!!!

Reflecting on the last week, I realize how fast time is already going. I've already been in Haiti over 3 weeks. It's now been over 4 years since the massive earthquake that rocked the ground in Haiti and the lives of an entire country. It's unreal how fast time goes.


In Bible study we have been talking about Heaven. Last week we talked about how we serve The Lord here on earth is preparing us for service when we get to Heaven.  We also discussed jobs in Heaven and what professions could be used and which ones would no longer exist.  There will be no pain and suffering so, no need for doctors, no trials and crime so no need for lawyers and policeman, etc....  This is not to say that people of these professions will not be in Heaven, they will just have different tasks when they get there.  I began to think of my job in Admissions at Lee University.  I'm pretty certain there will be no need for an Assistant Director of Admissions in Heaven. I think that God pretty much has that under control, the criteria has been set.



This week we were asked the question "Where is home?"  Being from a broken home, I immediately thought which one Mom's, or Dad's? I began to think of children who come from divorced families, missionary’s kids, pastor’s kids, and military families, and how as we grow up we don't really have a single place we can call home.  God spoke to me and said that this is not to be discouraging, but that products of these circumstances, which have placed their faith in Christ, have an excitement, comfort, peace, rest, and should be encouraged that one day we can be home, in one home. For a Christian our ultimate home is Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment