Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Cry of Alexa

Miracles still happen!!!  Today, we were in the clinic when Alexa and her family walked in.  We were hoping not to see her, because we wanted her to go to the hospital yesterday.  The family didn't have the means to get there, so they went to a doctor that was closer to their home. The doctor tried to find a vein that he could get an IV in.  As the family tells me, he turned to walk out of the room telling them he couldn't find a place to put an IV but he would be back soon.  Her godmother and cousin told me they sat in the room with her as the doctor walked out.  When he left, Alexa, the little girl we had just seen hours before that could barely grimace in pain and talked very little, raised her hands and began to sing a hymn.  According to the family, what they witnessed next is the miracle.  The doctor returned to the room, looked at Alexa, and said he saw a vein in her neck he thought he could put an IV in.  It was successful. Just minutes before, he was certain he could. BUT GOD!!! I honestly believe this was because so many of you were praying for her!!!!

This little girl cried out to her Creator, and he provided.

When she returned today, she had much more strength. We occasionally saw her eyes, and she spoke very clearly to us.  As I laid her down, and covered her wounds with warm cloths, she said to me "I need to pee pee."  That was the happiest I've ever been to hear a kid say those words.  She later told me, "raise me up." She actually told us that several times! She also told us she was ready to leave and she wanted to go to her house.  She put up a slight fight today.

When her family was telling me this story, she sang the song for us!  When we were all done, she asked us for a sucker. I asked her what color she thought she wanted and she immediately responded "RED."

Little Alexa is not out of the woods yet. Please continue to pray for her.  It's very important that we and her family keep her hydrated over the next several weeks.  It doesn't take long for someone burned this severely, to dehydrate.  However, we will praise the Lord for the life that we saw in her today, and pray for him to continue to intervene and heal this child.



Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Casey, you are such an inspiration. It's heartwarming to see the work that you are doing and the awareness you are bringing to those in need. I love your heart. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete