Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Moms are a Blessing



Well, Mom has come and gone.  What a blessing it was to have her here.  It's amazing that I spent 10 years living 5 hours from her and never felt that far away.  I guess mentally, I knew I could get in a car and drive to see her.  It's much different now.  I'm 4 hours by flight away, but I know the reality of getting there quickly and independently, is not an option.  It was probably the best 11 days I've ever had with her.





We didn't have the distractions that keep us so busy in The States.  Sure, we were busy with the sponsorship program and the details of it, but being together and getting time to spend just the two of us was so refreshing.  She hasn't been gone 3 weeks yet and it feels like a year.  I anxiously await her next visit.   She has been so supportive through this journey and helped so much along the way.  She was able to bring me a few blessings from home and things friends and family had given her to bring me.  Dad and T, sweet cousins, and friends from home sent here things to bring.  From twizzlers, to movies. gadgets, gummy worms/bears, cookies and cream chex mix, ECT, it was great having comforts of home.  Thanks everyone and thanks Mom for coming and loving on me.  :)

                                         



No comments:

Post a Comment