Thursday, February 13, 2014

School has Begun!!!

A little over a week of school is complete. I don't have to worry about snow days here.  I started working with a 4 year old, last week.  He was eager to have school like the other kids on the compound. I show up the first morning, after making him a notebook, tabbed binder, a school supply pouch, and lesson plans for the first two weeks.  I walk in, get everything set up on the table and invite him to join me so we can begin.  He asked what we were going to do, so I replied "learn letters, numbers, and colors."  With a very serious face, he crosses his arms and says "that's not fun, I thought we were going to go play."  School may not be as exciting as he originally thought.

We had a great first week. The second week didn't didn't start off as exciting. However, after a rough day, I promised that if he had two good days in a row we would play a letter and number game in the pool on Friday. At prayer time, he prayed asking God to help him have two good days so he could do activities in the pool.  Such innocence from a precious 4 year old!!!



 I've also been spending some time in the clinic. We have several little ones and it takes extra hands to hold theme down. Not to mention someone has to entertain the little ones. I can't say that I do a lot of the treating of the burns, but I hold the little ones down, love them, and let the medical professionals do their jobs.  :) 

We've had one that I've tried to befriend but couldn't break through, but then there was today.  I hope the pictures so that I finally made a buddy today. So nice to see them healing and becoming more and more comfortable!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment