Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Feb. 2/18

I try every morning to make it to clinic.  We have so many little ones and new  people coming every day.  There are a couple kiddos that seem to like me more than others and I try to find a smile in each of them each day.  We have a 2 year old burned on his chest and neck, an 11 or so month old one burned on her bottom, a 3 year old burned on his back, a new preteen with both hands burned, a 7 or 8 year old that has been coming since May that was burned all over and still has an opened wound under her arm.  They never cease to stop coming with burned children.  So sad but each needing love.

Each day we do about 2 hours of preschool.  I only have one little guy I'm teaching but things are starting to click.  Between clinic and preschool, my mornings are pretty much spent.  The last week or so, I have been working a lot in the office with books and learning new systems for tracking receipts and organizing.  This is right up my alley.  When I'm not playing with kids, I love organizing.

Each day at 3 I go to language class for an hour or so, to try and pick up as much as possible.  Communication is key and therefore, I love to be in situations I am forced to use and learn as much as possible.  The longer I'm away from my own culture and my routine that has been so regular over the last several years, the more God can speak to me.  I'm learning just how similar our problems are around the world.  We all have them, but some are more obvious than others.  When you are away and focusing more on God and what he is doing and where he is needed, it's easier to spot the sick, the poor,  the lonely, the oppressed, the mentally ill, and the demonic.  It is also far easier to see the little miracles of God as well as the grand miracles, reliance on God is much more obvious, and His blessings are so evident.  Thank you God for being the Peace and Comfort that each of us desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment