Monday, June 30, 2014

Where It All Began


As a Christian, we all have those that have helped us along the way and we can credit for Spiritual guidance.  There are so many people that have helped form me into the person I am.  Parents, grandparents, aunt and uncles, and several friends or coaches that have played a role in showing me what it's like to truly follow Christ and what the life of a real Christian should look like.  The road is long and difficult, but God never leaves us.

This weekend I had the privilege of hearing a testimony that I have heard over, and over, and over.  It was different this time.  David and Judy Heady (Pap and Aunt Judy)  have always been Godly examples of what living a life for Christ really looks like.  What committing one's life to the Lord may require.  What sacrifice means.  How to face hardships, trials, and criticism while standing strong in their faith.

It was different this time because I was actually with them where Pap preached his first sermon in Haiti.  This weekend, he returned to preach and visit the church where it all began.  It was also where God confirmed His call on their lives to sell everything, leave everything, and follow Christ.  This was when God revealed to them that His desire was for them to move to Haiti and minister full-time.  They start their 32nd year in Haiti this week and the impact that they have had on the lives of Americans and Haitians alike is phenomenal.  There is now a picture in my mind and the story came alive for me.  I saw the love and passion that they have for the Haitian people.







I recommend all Christians, that have the opportunity, to visit the location where Spiritual leaders in your own lives were saved or called and hear the story from them.  It was so encouraging and uplifting to be a part of this special weekend.  I thank God for the opportunity to see where something that I have become so involved with originated.

No comments:

Post a Comment